Saturday, February 20, 2010

So about this farm blog...

Farmer Gower here with a question for those of you who still check this thing. And much to my surprise, there are a number of you who still check this thing...

Now that I have new farm space that (cross your fingers) is woodchuck-free. I am considering restarting the blog. The farm this year will include some traditional beds and likely some raised beds as well. Hopefully with an even wider variety of veggies.

And now the question. Would you be interested in reading? A quick thumbs up or down in the comments would be much appreciated.

Seed planting begins in 2 or 3 weeks!

Farm Vitals
Yesterday's high: 31F
Yesterday's low: 6F
Snow pack: approximately 2' in the garden now

6 comments:

Unknown said...

One bit fat YES! (but you knew that)

Anonymous said...

A floppy top wire fence can be used to control them. Woodchucks typically feed in the morning (5-9am) and evening (5-8pm), last resort is watch for them when they enter the garden and shoot one, leave it's carcass there for a couple of days and the when the others smell it they will never return to the garden. It works!!

Anonymous said...

AJ says YES!

Jean said...

Hey Farmer Gower - you should definitely keep updating this blog. Bessie and I need all the pointers we can get! From the looks of things, you are a gardening pro!

H.Maxwell said...

THUMBS UP!!! I'm very excited this blog lives on. Since I don't have a farm this blog is my virtual farm. :)

Carmen Marlot said...

I've been slacking on my blog reading so I'm a bit late on this response but I give it a big thumbs UP!
And I'll add your link to my backyard blog :) we can compare notes.

KV