Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Naturists

Tonight, Guatemala K (who, for the record, can heckle me all she pleases about all my worrying about her being in a plane crash just so long as she doesn't actually get herself into one)'s husband Joe and I hung out. We drank beer, ate cinnamon bun ice cream and peaches (don't worry K, we poured a spoonful on the hardwoods for you ;), and dreamed up the greatest roadtrip of all time for Summer 2009, all while heckling, I mean engaging in critical discourse regarding, the Democratic National Convention.

Why am I telling you all of this? Because I learned about a farm called Rising Sun Farm in Wisconsin, and I thought you should know about it too. Folks, the farm is run by naturists. No my psych friends, not nativists. Naturists. They advocate for such things as: organic and sustainable farming, skin cancer being caused by lack of sun rather than exposure to it, and getting 8 hours of sleep a night. Oh yeah, and not wearing any clothes.

To each their own, people. But I'm just saying. The next time you think to yourself, "Farmer Gower has really gone off the deep end," you best be glad I did it with my clothes on...

In other news, here are some prize winning vegetables, etc. from the Fair (click for bigger pics):










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you enjoyed some serious political discourse. We don't have any channels that carry the convention, so it is a bit strange to be totally isolated from the all-consuming political newscycle which I'm sure you're engaged in.

Culinary activities here in Guatemala: lots of guacamole, my first chile relleno, white chocolate cookies that had jam filling made of an unrecognizable local berry that resembled a blueberry?, and some amazing cardamom dark chocolate truffle thingies. It's no Big Fat Bacon, but I'm pretty content with it.