Sunday, May 10, 2009

Green Thumb Sunday | Houston, We Have a Problem Edition

Join Green Thumb Sunday

Green Thumb Sunday | Houston, We Have a Problem Edition
(and by "we" I mean Suburban Gardener)

The St. Paul Farmers' Market, amazing though it may be, is completely enabling my Farming habit. I had grand plans for 8 tomato plants, four conventional kinds started from seed, and four heirloom types I was going to try based on what looked good at the farmers' market. Um, yeah. Look what happened. In my defense, most of these belong to Suburban Gardener. But without further ado... Here's the list of tomato plants currently in my window:

Lemon Boy (from seed)
Early Girl (from seed)
Super Sweet 100s (from seed)
Aunt Ruby's Green (from seed)
Yellow Pear (from seed)
Russian Big Roma (from seed)
Black Cherry (from seed)
Gold Medal Yellow (from seed)
Amish Paste
Brandywine
Grandma Oliver's Green
Carolina Gold
Old German
Grape
Garden Peach
Yellow Brandywine
Black Prince
Big Rainbow
Bonny Best
Green Zebra
Roma
Tomatillos


Farm Vitals
Yesterday's high: 57F
Yesterday's low: 41F
Mood of the farm: Settling in amidst a lot of upheaval (details to come...)

No comments: