Monday, June 15, 2009

So Long, Farewell

Auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye...

After just over a year of farming and blogging, I'm hanging up my hat. Turns out that a small family of cocker spaniel-sized woodchucks got the best of my farm, and me. Thanks to all of you--friends, family members, and a surprising number of strangers--for reading about all my (mis)adventures along the way, and for offering up advice, encouragement, and good-natured heckling on a regular basis.

Instead of ending with a photo of the carnage, death, and destruction on the Farm (the family came back for seconds, and thirds, etc., until all that's left are stems), I'll end with what may be the last harvest--a very tiny portion of the strawberries, protected from the woodchuck feast by some especially prickly wire fencing, and picked fresh this morning.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

This is the saddest post ever. I've enjoyed reading the blog - goodbye, farm!

Carmen Marlot said...

I realize I'm all the way on the other side of the river but if you still have a hankering for farming I have approximately 750 square feet that will become garden space next year and can always use an extra hand.

KV