Saturday, May 31, 2008

Danger on the Farm

While working on a surprise project for H&N yesterday, I uncovered a massive colony of fire ants. Maisy thought it would be a good idea to check into them by taking a good sniff. Much sneezing ensued, and I think she got them all out of her nose. However, lesson not learned. She went right back for more... And promptly got yelled at. Turns out, there's even doggie time out on the farm.

Here's a little idea of what I found. For perspective, this piece of concrete is about 4 feet x 2 feet.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

UGH...those ants are frightening!

And dude, you've totally surpassed me as far as abilities in the blogosphere. How did you put up video?

Farmer G said...

Well, I took the video with my digital camera, and then I just clicked on the little "add video" button in the post editing window... I thought it would be hard, but apparently I have other skillz besides farming ;)