Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Study in Contrasts

The windchill might have been -23F yesterday morning, but today, a little box of seeds arrived in my mailbox from Johnny's. SO excited. I know I abandoned the 2008 review, but I will get a list of seeds for 2009 up soon.

It's hard to imagine walking around without a coat (in shorts and a tank top??) and harder still to imagine having enough time in the day to leisurely check on the farm. Farming 2009-style will clearly involve a lot less frequent Watching My Garden Grow, but hopefully I learned enough last year to compensate.

Oh yeah--remember the Tiny Tomato seed? Well it grew/is growing, but with the short daylight and Arctic temperature in my living room, it still only has 6 leaves. By this summer, maybe it will be big enough to do directly into the ground.

Farm Vitals
Yesterday's high: 5F
Yesterday's low: -3F
Warnings: with highs this weekend in the 40s, we're in for a slush and mud mess...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was very excited to see an Adventures in Farming post in my Google Reader this morning! I can't wait for the summer. Please don't give up too much on the Watch My Garden Grow posts! I love them!