Sunday, August 3, 2008

Green Thumb Sunday: You Could Go to Vegas On the Farmer's Dreams Edition

Join Green Thumb Sunday

Green Thumb Sunday: You Could Go to Vegas On the Farmer's Dreams Edition

Friends. Last night, I had a dream. And in this dream, I went to visit the farm, and all the tomatoes were bright red. Just the day before (in the dream), I had visited, and everything was green as could be. So imagine my excitement upon waking up after this dream to go check on the real life farm. Of course, I checked the biggest and best looking plants first, because those seemed to me to be the most likely to ripen. Disappointment was starting to set in when I checked the potted tomato plants just in case. Guess what! It was the ugliest, wiltiest plant I have that has managed to start ripening its fruit. Who would have thought? Greatest news of the weekend = tomatoes are actually getting some color besides green.

Also, here's the mini watermelon (with my coffee cup for reference...):


Join

Gardeners, Plant and Nature lovers can join in every Sunday, visit As the Garden Grows for more information.


Farm Vitals
Yesterday's high: 86F
Yesterday's low: 55F
Warnings: Threat of thunderstorms, people!
Mood of the farm: Weaseling its way farther into the farmer's psyche.
Reason to consider a new career: When you're dreams are predictive, I think you should stick with farming.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Two things:
1) Fellowship beverage = best ever.
2) I'm glad to hear that you believe in the predictive properties of dreams. I know some smart people who've made drastic life changes because of their dreams, or the misinterpreted dreams of others.