Sunday, August 3, 2008

You Will Not Believe This

Things are going crazy on the farm, people. And the farmer clearly has not been paying enough attention. Take, as a prime example, the following thing I "noticed" this afternoon:



















Yes, due to the magic of lack-of-perspective, this looks like any old zucchini. But have a look at this:




















It was a monster! And I didn't even know it was growing in there! As big as a size 7, which is a completely "average" size for a foot (N would kill me if I didn't include that detail), but an enormous size for a little old farm zucchini. The real question is this: How could I have missed it???

4 comments:

H.Maxwell said...

That's a big one for the farm but let's me honest that was a MINI foot with MINI toes that were painted with a MINI nail polish brush. :)

Unknown said...

This happens to me every few days when I go out to look at my first garden and huge patch of zucchini!!! I am a friend of Kate Heider's and she suggested your blog to me when I gold her about my new gardening hobby this summer. I've been loving your blog!
-Liz Deziel

Farmer G said...

Liz, welcome to the blog! Please share any tips and insights you come across during your gardening adventures. Glad you're enjoying the craziness over here.

And please tell me how to visit the garden "every few days." i was feeling proud recently to have down-graded my visiting frequency from every few minutes to every few hours... :)

Farmer G said...

HMax. You said it. Not me. Besides, I'm already in trouble for providing so many cucumbers...