Thursday, June 12, 2008

Ask the Farmer

And now it's time for another installment of "Ask the Farmer." Nutz4Nuts writes in:

As you know, the trees got a late start this year because the weather has been so cold. While waiting for the trees to grow, I blasted through the rest of my buried winter supply of acorns. Bit of a binge, actually... Anyway, now I don't have any food, and I was wondering if you could advise me about where I might find some cilantro and tender, new tomato plant leaves. Thanks in advance!

Well, Nutz4Nuts, I have NO IDEA why you would write to me about this dilemma! I have NO cilantro for you! And I have NO tender tomato plants either. NONE. ZERO. ZIP. Not on the farm. Not on the porch. You should try Iowa. Or Wisconsin. Don't even bother trying my neighborhood! We don't like cilantro OR tomato plants here!!



Farm Vitals
Yesterday's high: 69F
Yesterday's low: 55F
Warnings: Wildlife alert.
Mood of the farm: celebratory, re: the impending PhD of Anonymous K!
Reason to consider a new career: farmer may not be smarter than the wildlife...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no....did the squirrel of the night eat ALL of your baby plants?