Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Day in the Life of a MiniChuck Spy

Behind the farm...





















...I heard a scurry, and went to investigate.



















And there I found MiniChuck shuffling into the entrance of its home! Can't see it?
Let me give you a tour.





















Then, MiniChuck and I had another staring contest. Rather than shuffling down the tunnel into its den, MC guarded the entrance to its home, half in, half out. Which lends support to the current Theory on the Farm that there is a mama MiniChuck (N--what's its name again? Wanda? Wilma?) and at least one mini MiniChuck. I think MamaChuck was guarding her MiniChuck(s), so rather than stress her out, this spy returned to her weeding and left the Chuck family to their side of the fence. Now that I know they're so willing to pose for portraits, I'll attempt to capture the Large and Intimidating nature of MamaChuck. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MamaChuck=Wilma.

Anonymous said...

MamaChuck is known as Wilma the Woodchuck. And as for the Farmer's (apostrophe "s") safety, it has been noted that said Farmer is grateful the ChuckFamily has not been impersonating or practicing the flying squirrel impersonation. NOTE: Stay behind the garden fence!!!

Anonymous said...

although I suppose that Farmers' safety would also apply...for Farmer H and Farmer N (who really haven't "farmed" at ALL but have proprietary Farmer Status.