Friday, June 20, 2008

Everybody Loves a Volunteer

Okay... Here is your volunteer update.


Volunteer #1. Pulled.


Volunteer #2. Pulled.

Volunteer #3. Also pulled.

Volunteer #4. Definitely pulled.

Volunteer #5. Not pulled, for curiosity and other scientific purposes.

Well, the volunteer situation was not really as exciting as I had hoped. Suburban Farmer and some other Anonymous individual had it right about the weeds. And about 1, 2 (possibly), and 5 being the same plant. Though I do think it is interesting how much smaller #2 is than 1 and 5... Anyway, much as I'd like to give the big victory to Anonymous because s/he complimented my pie, I'll have to give it to Suburban Gardener, because I actually know who she is. Though for the record, two days in a row where I admit Suburban Gardener is right or the winner is really pushing it. Don't get used to it, SG! If the Powell Procedure was involved, I'd totally be right.

Hey--in other news. H managed to get a great photo of the albino squirrel that has been hanging around in the general vicinity of the farm lately. Evidence and commentary, particularly regarding the special ability of the albino to make dogs go crazy available here.

Farm Vitals
Yesterday's high: 83F
Yesterday's low: 52F
Warnings: Summer might be here for real.
Mood of the farm: Patiently growing.
Reason to consider a new career: Farmer has been known to get a little, uh, disregulated in regards to the Farm.

3 comments:

H.Maxwell said...

I'm volunteering to tell you that I saw MC eyeballing your crops again. I also saw a light brown version of MC...I don't know what that was. When I approached MC it made a strange squeaking noise and ran away...I really want to capture it on video.

My how great our tomatoes look! ;)

Anonymous said...

I have to admit I am relieved you've thwarted the weeds...I mean volunteers...at the Farm. I didn't want to squelch your Farmer instincts, but those Eff'ers had WEED all over themselves. I nearly did them in for you...but hey, A Farmer must have her autonomy right?
A weed to one, is another's treasure...I'm sure Aristotle or someone fancy said that once.

Anonymous said...

Hello, I am George your resident garden gnome. Nice to meet you. We are going to be swell friends. My life's mission is to guard your farm from MiniChuck.