Saturday, June 7, 2008

Saturday Happenings

1) Trip to Farmers Market with Dr. J. Since it has been obscenely cold here, there wasn't much to buy if you didn't want flowers, but I got some rhubarb for a strawberry rhubarb pie and some asparagus. Not to mention, some farming tips from a real farmer! Also, there was live music, fresh pastry, and plenty of fellowship to go 'round.
The highlight of the activity, of course, was the chiropractic assessment. Dr. J's spine was right on track, though the chiropractor-guys gave her plenty of diseases to worry about in the future. Just to make her feel better, I let them check my spine, which I knew would be Remarkable. Of course, it was, as they chronicled the many issues and abnormalities I had. Red warning signs all over the computer. Dr. J. was relieved, I think.

They also had a fabulous photo op that Dr. J tried. Not to be outdone, Maisy also gave it a shot. She definitely looked skeptical regarding whether this skeleton really applied to her, but since she didn't see any opposable thumbs, she decided to smile for the camera.












2) Grammar re: Farmers/Farmers'/Farmer's Market. I feel confident that the following bumper sticker is the least correct of all the options. However, many websites ignore the apostrophe completely. Please weigh in. I know my readers love issues like this.






3) The "hardening off" of the patio tomatoes has begun. One hour in the big scary world, and now, back safe and sound, on their porch. Maisy, as you can see, carefully watched over them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Farmers/Farmer's/Farmers'... Couples/Couple's/Couples'. I don't know either. I think perhaps it should be couples assessment (the couples are being assessed) but farmers' market (the farmers are not being marketed, but rather doing the marketing). Meh.

Jessica said...

Luckily the internets work in Michigan and I am able to stay up-to-date on the farm blog. My vote goes to Farmers' Market. Also, during my flight yesterday I spent a lot of time thinking about my Spine Center, as you predicted.

Aimee said...

Here's a third for Farmers'.

Love the picture of Maisy and the skeleton! She really looks like she's grinning.

Anonymous said...

I vote and weigh in for
Farmers' Market as well...as there are many (not just one) Farmer at the Market pedaling his/her wares or fruits of the earth (and I mean that inclusively...to mean veggies too).
However, grammar is not my strong suit. Say for example, Farmer Gower had a stand in our front yard selling her fruits of the earth, the it would be Farmer's Market. I rest. Literally. 150 miles on the bike will do that.

Anonymous said...

I recommend the book "Eats, shoots & leaves" a humerous look at puctuation by Lynne Truss. I laughted out loud (when texting is that lol or LOL? Does it depend where it is in the sentence or if it stands alone?).
I vote farmers'
And what does the heart shape stand for? Heart, love, love the?

Finally, I think the spine assessment is just silly in general. But, I'm glad Dr. J has some new thngs to worry about. Can't they crack her back to make it better? Perphaps they gave Maisy's assessment to her.

Anonymous said...

I think it's "Farmers' market" because anyway you slice it there are multiple farmers forming that market.

I called Peta for you putting Maisy in that get-up.

Your spine is stronger than ever on many fronts.

Also, it's LOL when really funny and just lol when you are chuckling mid-sentence. ;)