Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Pride and Joy



This is it, people. The farm was planted on May 24th, and here we are, on June 25th with the very first harvest. Just a month of love and attention, and what do we have? A midnight harvest of bounty! Well maybe not midnight, and maybe not bounty, in the truest sense of the word, but it's definitely a harvest. And I'm definitely excited to eat something I grew. I think tomorrow, I will grill corn and chicken to slice on the salad greens and spinach harvest, along with sunflower seeds and some dried cranberries. Getting hungry already!












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Farmer Gower! Sorry about the split chin casualty today...I think that should have been documented as a "trial of the farmer." ;)

Anonymous said...

Yum! Congratulations on the harvest!

- Anonymous K