Sunday, June 22, 2008

George and MiniChuck, Ready for Their Closeups

1) I'd like to officially welcome George to the Farm. He's going to be a real help.

2) It's a member of the Chuck Family! We had a little photo shoot yesterday, and I think this one really does MiniChuck justice.



There have been a variety of other wildlife events on the farm lately, but they are far far far too disgusting for me to relay them. Farming is a dirty job in ways I never anticipated. Thank you to Farmer/Consumer H for braving the stench and demonstrating her, um, disposal skills. Also thanks to Farmer/Consumer N for putting the Farm to good use. Farm basil + caprese salad = happy bellies. That's the math lesson of the day.

I'll be on a pilgrimage to find Dunkin Donuts coffee, I mean doing Important Scholarly Work. See you Wednesday, when I will finally post the Herb Report.


Farm Vitals
Yesterday's high: 81F
Yesterday's low: 59F
Warnings: Pollen Alert
Mood of the farm: Thinking about flowers, in light of all that pollen, I hope!
Reason to consider a new career: Weak stomach in face of Wild Non-life Stench. Ugh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how did you get MC to pose? you're a pro! when/if Farming does not work out, National Geo may want your skills to capture wildlife in their natural habitats.

Anonymous said...

on another note...on a walk yesterday we saw our NE "Farmers Market" sign....the saga and mystery continues for the appropo verbiage.

have a blast in Philly sipping DD java.

Anonymous said...

eeeewwww, I think I should have left that floatie in the garbage can. Rosa almost passed out.